Seattle franchise lawyer Lee Brettin has been active in the practice of franchise law for over 20 years, representing franchisors and franchisees in all aspects of the franchise relationship. We provide a full range of services in all aspects of developing, registering, and offering for sale, operating, restructuring and expanding a franchised businesses.
We represent franchisors with:
- Washington Franchise Fairness Act (RCW 19.100 Franchise Investment Protection) compliance;
- Registration with the Washington Department of Financial Institutions;
- Washington Department of Financial Institutions inquiries and investigations;
- Contract negotiation;
- Day-to-Day franchise advice;
- Franchise Disclosure Document and Franchise Agreement Negotiation;
- Area Franchisors;
- Franchisee termination;
- Washington State site location due diligence, leasing and sales;
- New franchise evaluation and consultation; and
- Franchisor-Franchisee disputes.
We represent franchisees with:
- Review of Franchise Disclosure Documents [“FDD”] (formerly known as a Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (“UFOC”);
- Assistance with concept and location due diligence for new and experienced franchisees;
- Representing new and experienced franchisees in the negotiation of proposed franchise agreements;
- Concept and business location due diligence;
- Entity formation;
- Commercial leasing;
- Franchisor-Franchisee relationships;
- Purchase and sale of existing franchise units;
- Landlord-franchise tenant relationships and disputes; and
- Franchisor-franchisee disputes.
Franchise success is built on hard work, deep knowledge and belief in your product or service, in addition to consumer knowledge and acceptance of brand. You live here and know that our Puget Sound real estate market is extremely tight and successful business concepts abound. The road from discovery days through grand opening is long and arduous. We are here to help you get off to a good start. If you’re “up and going” we are here to assist you in your day to day challenges. When you’re ready to transition out, we are here to assist you, your franchisor, customers and landlord with the process.